RE: "Your Mileage May Vary"

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: "Your Mileage May Vary"
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:42:01 -0500
>From Graham Robson, _The Big Healeys_:

Model    MPG(overall) MPG(typical)
------   ------------ ------------
BN1      24.5         25
BN4      25.3         26
BN6      21.2         23
BT7      20.0         22
BT7(MKII)17.7         18
BJ7      17.1         20
BJ8      20.3         24

Peter Schauss
1980 MGB
1963 BJ7

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-healeys@Autox.Team.Net
[mailto:owner-healeys@Autox.Team.Net]On Behalf Of davidwjones
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 11:35 AM
To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "Your Mileage May Vary"

Hi List,
I've been poking around in the many books and article reprints about Healeys
that I have, and can find next to nothing about what kind of gas mileage
various Healeys get.
I guess the lack of information is an indication that gas mileage for these
cars is irrelevant, and misses the point completely, in that they are a hoot
to drive regardless of whatever the fuel economy is..
Still, I have been wondering how the mileage compares between the different
models, engines and carb setups. I recall that my car got about 18 mpg with
the twin HDs before restoration and conversion back to the correct triple
HS4s.
Also wondered how much better it is with the 4 cylinder engines than with
the
sixes.
I have not put enough miles on it since, to see if there is a significant
mileage / range difference now.

Would listers mind indicating their carb / engine / modifications (if any) /
condition, and the city/hwy mileage and range? -Just curious.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA