Re: "Your Mileage May Vary"

To: "David" <dcrawfor@san.rr.com>, "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: "Your Mileage May Vary"
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:29:29 -0800
For the last 15 years or so, I've taken an annual road trip in my (mostly)
stock BJ8, averaging over 3K miles/trip.   We've tracked the mileage
religiously,
and I typically get up to 24mpg @ 55mph, dropping to 18-19 @ 70-80 (could do
that legally in Montana at one time :).  Windy, hilly roads with lots of
climbing drops
it to 15-16mpg.

Didn't see a significant change going from the 3.91 rearend to the 3.54, maybe
got
half an mpg more.

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net