Re: Heater/Fresh Air Tubes - BN4

To: "57 Healey" <57healey@gmail.com>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: Heater/Fresh Air Tubes - BN4
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 00:21:39 -0500
Patton,
The original type air ducts are a sandwiched assembly of paper, heavy foil
and paper to insulate the air moving through the duct from the surrounding
heat of the engine bay. There are many types of air duct and most won't
insulate. Never mind about the email stories of difficult installation. Just
buy a set of the correct ones and use them!
As far as I know all the original clamps are the double wire type.
If you fit the ducts into place before the engine goes back in, the job is
not all that difficult. In addition, leave the blower assembly loose until
you have the ducts clamped on, then anchor the blower assembly to the inner
right wing last.
Rich Chrysler