Cleaning surface before re-paint

To: "Healey" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Cleaning surface before re-paint
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:46:22 -0600
As I have mentioned a couple of times before I am starting to do the
bodywork on my Healey.  I may be sanding some or all of the old paint (and
filler) down before starting on refinishing work.  I have heard it is a good
idea to remove all traces of wax before doing this.  I have some "pure
denatured alcohol" is this adequate for stripping wax, grease etc. ?, or
should I go to the auto body store and buy the specialty stuff made for this
purpose?  I will of course clean it off again before any paint is applied at
which time I am sure I will use the "specialty stuff".

Thanks,

Greg Lemon
54 BN1