Re: Welders

To: davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Welders
From: 57 Healey <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:13:54 -0600
I forgot, renting (or borrowing) tools has to be a part of the
equation as well.

A welder is on my list as something I will get one day.  MIGs are
easier, and a quality brand smaller unit can be had for $300 - $400
used.  Oxy/Acc is the cheapest to do, and the most versatile if I want
to get the skills.    As I have said before, their is not a single
class offered at a nearby (within 20 miles) high school or Jr college,
so I would have to teach myself.

The Henrob has always sounded like it would be somewhere in between,
but the claims always seem to be too good to be true.  I have read
that a few of the "Build a Sports Car for 250" Locosts really like the
setup.

Patton

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:32:53 -0500, davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net> wrote:
> Yeh, I go over this argument all the time myself.   -Buy the tools and do it
> myself, or pay to have it done. Often there is not much difference in price,
> but if you do it yourself, you have the tools left when you are done.
> (Sometimes it works out for the best, others, I find myself asking: What the
> heck have I gotten myself into?) -And sometimes I have the tools at the end,
> but wind up never using them again.
> ....For instance, -anybody want a compact portable sandblaster??
> Dave--
Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
'57 A-H 100-Six - http://Austin-Healeys.com