Re: front shroud adhesive,

To: healey list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: front shroud adhesive,
From: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:20:32 -0800 (PST)
Hello,
I think doughlike materials are effective and the most
forgiving.

Materials I've used on my '66 Landrover's removable
aluminum floorboards:
Home Depot sells a dough like strip caulk that's cheap
and works very well.  The possible downside is its
white color.

3M sells a similar looking strip caulk that's black
and a bit more tar like.  Avail thru good auto or body
supply shops.

3M also makes a rubbery strip caulk that's made for
modern windshield installations.  I've tried to use
this for gap filling applications such as the Healey
shroud and found it very difficult to use.

Regards,
Joe Mulqueen
'66 Landrover SIIA
'60 BT7 (shrowds off)