Re: Healey Values

To: scotyp@comcast.net, healey list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Healey Values
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:41:26 -0800 (PST)
Scott -

It's pretty easy why it spiked back then... people who
were young in the 50s and 60s and remember the Healeys
as their favorite car started to come into their prime
wage earning years in the early 90s... that combined
with Reaganomics which had pulled us out of the
recession in the early to mid eighties meant that the
target market for people who wanted healeys had good
disposable income at that time... hence the bid up in
price.   Also, values for the Australian dollar and UK
Pound were very high at that time as well, driving a
grey market reimportation of cars out of the US into
those countries, further driving up the prices.

Interestingly enough, this last point is in occurance
again.  Be prepared for prices to start climbing again
in the next year or two!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8