Comments sought on British Racing Green

To: "'Healeys' \(E-mail\)" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Comments sought on British Racing Green
From: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:20:20 -0500
All,

Hoping NOT to start a 'correct' vs 'incorrect' model year discussion on paint
colours - I have a question for the wise ones:
Does modern base coat/clear coat paint lend itself to painting a car in BRG ?
Or, is it too high gloss to really have the correct classic 'look' of BRG ?
Or, can it be successfully duplicated?  I suppose I could ask that same
question of any of the original colours on LBC's.
My Rambling Reasoning:  I was studying the pics of all those Healey's in
Octane mag last night, and the British Racing Green one looks really nice to
my eye.  The Red ones look good too, and I am/was thinking of going with Red
on my 61 BN7.  Ok, it was originally OEW w/Red interior, but I want something
a bit more ..... aggressive (is that the right word?) ..... so I was thinking
RED.  And ya, I know that deviating from the original colour is heresy to
some, and that it might someday effect the value of the car (not in my
lifetime cause I ain't sellin' it - ever!).
Did the original BRG look good and classic because it was done in lacquer (was
it?) and had a 'flatter' look to it?  Can that same 'look' be duplicated with
today's paints?
I want a hard modern paint that will, hopefully, stand up to the test of time,
driving, and my 3 year old (who will hopefully become 'caretaker' of the car
one day).  So, I have no particular 'value' issues to worry about with
changing my car colour because I really do intend to keep it.  The value of
the car to me is, as they say ... priceless.  Also, if I really should stay
with OEW then you can tell me that also :)
Comments will be appreciated.

Dave M.