RE: Getting Screwed on a Out of State Porsche

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Getting Screwed on a Out of State Porsche
From: "Jim LeBlanc" <jleblanc@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:45:36 -0600
I too have paid the price of admission to this school.

The cost of pursuing this, even if you have excellent documentation showing
the owner knew the condition of the car, even if the seller is a most
reputable dealer and even if you have a good attorney, do not waste your
money pursuing such efforts in court. Your odds are much better at the
roulette wheel in 'Vegas.

My story is much more frightening than anything you have conveyed, including
a well known Mercedes dealer, a fire and a trial all in the famous
California city of Santa Monica.

As to specific actions, in California, you can force a dealer to take a car
back within a few days of the sale.

Contact the Motor Vehicle departments in the respective states and ask their
advice. Anything beyond the motor vehicle department is more money than the
repairs.

Spending money on repairs at least contributes to your hobby, and if I may
say so, to a worthy car.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc
1956 100-M