RE: Getting Screwed on a Out of State Porsche

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Getting Screwed on a Out of State Porsche
From: "Reid Trummel" <editor_reid@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:29:48 +0000
Not to be too insensitive here (but rather, to be just insensitive
enough...), but $9500 for a car worth maybe $6500 would rank it in the top
half of "Good Deals on Cars" in my personal history.

You want to talk about getting screwed on/wasting money on a car?  Buy me an
adult beverage sometime and I'll tell you about a thing called a Jensen
Interceptor... I paid WAY, WAY MORE than you for my tuition to the School of
Hard Knocks, and not just once...

Reid Trummel
Portland, Oregon
100, 100M, Ski-Master

>Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:53:36 -0500
>From: Olin Brimberry <olin.brimberry.b@bayer.com>
>Subject: Getting Screwed on a Out of State Porsche
>
>I am hoping that there is something that I can do about a car I just picked
>up
>this weekend.  I bought the car for $9500, but after driving it and taking
>more thorough time to investigate the problems, I think its worth more like
>$6500.  Besides that, I just don't like the problems I have to fix.  Are
>there
>laws to protect consumers that purchase cars from individuals and find out
>later
>that the car was severely misrepresented.  The car was purchased with cash
>in SC
>and I live in NC.  I guess this thread could apply to Healey buyers out
>there
>that are thinking to buy a car without a PPI.  I am most disappointed in
>myself
>for not getting the PPI done.  I found the car on a Porsche Club website
>and not
>eBay, so right now I can only blame myself.  There is no such thing as a
>cheap
>Porsche, Healey, Jaguar, etc, etc, etc.
>
>Olin
>61 3000 MKII
>72 Porsche 911T (Wondering what to do with)

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.