Getting Screwed on a Out of State Porsche

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Getting Screwed on a Out of State Porsche
From: Olin Brimberry <olin.brimberry.b@bayer.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:53:36 -0500
I am hoping that there is something that I can do about a car I just picked up
this weekend.  I bought the car for $9500, but after driving it and taking a
more thorough time to investigate the problems, I think its worth more like
$6500.  Besides that, I just don't like the problems I have to fix.  Are there
laws to protect consumers that purchase cars from individuals and find out later
that the car was severely misrepresented.  The car was purchased with cash in SC
and I live in NC.  I guess this thread could apply to Healey buyers out there
that are thinking to buy a car without a PPI.  I am most disappointed in myself
for not getting the PPI done.  I found the car on a Porsche Club website and not
eBay, so right now I can only blame myself.  There is no such thing as a cheap
Porsche, Healey, Jaguar, etc, etc, etc.

Olin
61 3000 MKII
72 Porsche 911T (Wondering what to do with)