Re: Manual for BJ8

To: Broc07940@netscape.net
Subject: Re: Manual for BJ8
From: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:35:58 -0500
Ted,

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 13:03, Broc07940@netscape.net wrote:
> I am looking for a comprehensive manual for maintaining a BJ8. Any one better
>than others?
>
> Thanks,
> Ted

*** Shameless plug follows for a product to which I have a close
financial interest - I have been waiting to do this for a while :-) ***

There is no better manual for helping you maintain your BJ8 than the
"Austin Helaey 3000 (BJ7 & BJ8) Mechanical & Body Service Parts List on
CD-ROM", available at www.LBCdigital.com. This CD recreates all 350+
pages of the Parts Lists in exacting detail, and features a database
that is fully searchable by keyword and part number. The images of the
exploded parts diagrams are very high quality, and both the images and
the parts description listings are printable. A full help section is
included to guide you through the Parts List.

*** End shameless plug (that feels better!) ***

Seriously, a 100-6/3000 Factory Workshop Manual, a parts listing (both
Mechanical and Body, BMC publications AKD3523 and AKD3524 respectively),
and the Driver's Handbook are all essential. Reproductions (and even
originals) of these are available at various sources online.

Also, you may want to get a restoration guide with lots of pictures;
Gary Anderson's and Roger Moment's book, Austin-Healey 100, 100-6/3000
Restoration guide immediately comes to mind.

John
London, Ontario, Canada
'67 BJ8
NOW AVAILABLE AT www.LBCdigital.com:
Austin Healey 3000 (Series BJ7 & BJ8) Parts List on CD-ROM