re undercoating removal

To: "healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re undercoating removal
From: "B&C Phillips" <bjcap@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:37:52 -0500
I have found for us the best way for removal is use a heat gun and a well
used flat scraper or putty knife with rounded corners so as not to gouge
paint. Then wipe off remaining undercoat with a shop rag and gasoline (
after heat gun use!)  This leaves a scratch free, cleaned original paint if
you need to go that way.I f removing paint you can now use paint remover
with out the smeared black mess.

Carroll Phillips   Top Down Restorations