Re: Lightened Flywheel and Mild Cams?

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Lightened Flywheel and Mild Cams?
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:00:34 -0800
Robert,

I had my BJ8 cam reground by Crower Cams in So. California (www.crower.com).
I got the mildest of 5 grinds and I'm quite happy with it; slight lope at idle,
"comes on"
about 1,500 RPM and torque band roughly 1,500-3,500 RPM (which is where
you'll spend most of your time on highways).   I think it has a slightly
shorter duration
and more lift than the stock cam (can get you exact specs if you want).  I have
about
60K miles on it with no problems.

Looking forward to responses about the flywheel lightening.

bs

Subject: Lightened Flywheel and Mild Cams?

> My BJ8 is undergoing restoration and a couple of urgent issues suddenly
> came to my attention:
>
> A PO had a BJ7 flywheel and pressure plate installed with a BJ8 clutch
> disk.  From the research I've done (including searching the past couple
 years of comments on this list) I've determined that going back to the