Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction - Reporter on the scene...

To: David Nock <healeydoc@sbcglobal.net>, Gus
Subject: Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction - Reporter on the scene...
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:01:28 -0700
I think what Gus is saying is that the general market doesn't care what you
have invested in the car. If it did Packard, Peerless and Pierce Arrow would
still be in business. As long as there are still cars selling for a third of
that price sinking $90K into a Healey is going to be a gamble.

Personally I am quite content with the 1000 hours I have invested in my car
and I'm willing to put in another 1000 if necessary because as a hobbyist my
time is essentially worthless. To those of you who manage to actually make a
living doing this you have my respect and support.

Bill Lawrence