Great Roads

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Great Roads
From: CAWS52803@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:48:27 EST
I conducted the first Post-Conclave Tour in 1991 after Conclave in
Sturbridge, MA and one of the roads we took was the Kancamagus Highway in New
Hampshire.  It is listed as one of the best driving roads in the US, but my
point is
more interesting than that.
This is a limited access road and we had over 25 cars on the tour.
Occasionally we would come upon a slower driver and with all of us using CB's,
would
radio each other when it was safe to pass.  Image this poor ole  driver
heading along some blind and curvy road and half a dozen Healeys  would pull
out and
zip past.
During this Tour, it divided into the 40/60/80 Club.  Someone asked if  this
was the age of the drivers, but no, this was the average speed.  I  traveled
one day with the Bugeyes in their 40 group, but was a little too  tame.  The 80
group flew from sightseeing spot to spot.  Luckily no  one hit a moose!
Rudy Streng
Now in NC near the Blue Ridge Parkway