RE: bump steer

To: "'John Rowe'" <jarowe@westnet.com.au>,
Subject: RE: bump steer
From: "rjhco" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:01:05 -0600
John:

I relocated the steering box and idler arm boxes slightly in order to
correct the geometry of the suspension.  I eliminated bump steer for all but
the most extreme suspension travel.  The car manifests very, very slight
inward steer at full compression.  This actually helps offset the pushing
tendency of the suspension at the extremes.

My recollection is that I moved the boxes up and tilted slightly forward. I
used a bump steer gauge and adjusted for the best results, then re-drilled
the mounting holes and welded up the old ones. I expect that each car is
slightly different.

Best regards,
Jim Hockert

Hi All

Had anyone had any success in removing the bump steer from a 3000?