RE: bump steer

To: "'John Rowe'" <jarowe@westnet.com.au>,
Subject: RE: bump steer
From: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 07:47:39 -0800
On my first BJ8, I was able to move the steering box just enough to improve
things. On my current BJ8, I can't seem to move the box or the idler enough
to make a significant improvement. I think you really have to pull the
springs and measure the bump steer to find out. A geometry analysis would be
pretty complicated, I would think. To correct, it might be easier to convert
the tie rods to heim joints and then use washers to alter the bump steer. If
you don't want to convert the tie rods, then you would have to bend the
steering arms.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8