Re: Great Roads - California's Pacific Coast Highway

To: John Soderling <jsoderling@astound.net>,
Subject: Re: Great Roads - California's Pacific Coast Highway
From: RLR <xk120fhcse@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 05:16:19 -0800 (PST)
Agree regarding PCH. Wonderful scenery in the daytime, the drawback being it's
easy to get stuck behind slow-moving vehicles. But it does have the added bonus
of being poorly lit (as in "none") and very little traffic (as in "next to
none") very late at night, so it ranks an A++ in terms of sheer terror
potential. Especially if you're headed south and have a passenger. I'm told the
occasional moonlit glimpses over the edge inspire religion.

Leave Monterey around 10 PM and by 1 AM you'll be seriously questioning your
sanity. Not that you'll want to stop. I guess the "Catch 22" is that a sane
person wouldn't have started, and since you'd have to be sane to stop, you
press on regardless! Oh wait, that's the whole British sports car thing in a
nutshell anyway.

Dick Rowley
BN2, AN5 and a couple non-AH LBC's

John Soderling <jsoderling@astound.net> wrote:

I second your nomination of Highway 1, the Pacific Coast Highway along
California's coast.