Re: Great Roads - California's Pacific Coast Highway

To: "RLR" <xk120fhcse@sbcglobal.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Great Roads - California's Pacific Coast Highway
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 14:01:17 -0500
....Actually, I'm from CT originally, and had cause to spend a lot of time up
in the northeastern corner -up in Winchester county, not far from Lime Rock.
In the town of Winsted, there is a lake called Highland lake. There is a
really steep climb, up from town to the lake and a really great 6 mile circuit
that hugs the shoreline of the lake's 3 bays. The road is somewhat narrow, but
great fun. Haven't been back with the Healey, but I used to whip around the
lake in my early MGBGT, with fat tires...  Makes me grin just thinking about
it. Plusses- great views of the lake, racing boats, and scantily clad water
skiers. Minus- You have to remember the spillway at the southern end which
goes over the roadway (easily avoided), otherwise, you get an unexpected
car-wash.