Harmonic Balancer - Crankshaft Damper

To: "Healey List" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Harmonic Balancer - Crankshaft Damper
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:31:15 -0600
Hi All, I need some information here 'cause I'm a little confused.  Is
it OK to interchange styles of harmonic balancers??  I'm aware of the
different weights of clutch & flywheel components spanning the various 6
cylinder engines.  Is it OK to use the crank pulley/balancer from a 29D
engine on a 29K engine??  M+++ advertises a One-Size-Fits-All
aftermarket unit made in Australia as a replacement for all 6 cylinder
engines.  While I'm sure this is probably a high quality part, still, I
wonder if it's really OK to do this.  I'm just trying to be cautious
here because this is an engine (29K) I'm building for someone else.
Thanks for your help.
Jack