re. Re: victoria british order + J C Whitney & Noslocators Ebay

To: healey list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re. Re: victoria british order + J C Whitney & Noslocators Ebay
From: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:52:04 -0800 (PST)
With all due respect, I think the buyer should have a
good idea of shipping costs before purchase or bid.
Now here's my story:  Six mos ago I Ebay sold a MGA
fuel filler pipe (similar but smaller than big
Healey's).  The only bid was from a guy in Australia
for my minimum $10.  I guess both he and I didn't know
much about shipping from US to Australia because I
took it do a UPS depot (pretty much the standard
method in US) and they wanted $56.  I was shocked and
stepped back but then proceeded thinking the guy new
what he was facing.  Later on after I communicated the
cost to him he flipped out.  I felt bad and told him
to just pay shipping and consider the part as free...
Regards,
Joe Mulqueen
'60 BT7
Torrance, CA