Re:BJ8 locks and history

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:BJ8 locks and history
From: "nicholasgoding" <goding@the-shire.fsbusiness.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:55:40 -0000
Thanks guys for your replies/suggestions and words of encouragement - its
confidence inspiring to know that there is such a huge wealth of shared
knowledge out there ! (and boy will I be needing some of it in the coming
months ! )
I`ve had a look at the door locks to see if they are coded but couldnt find
anything so will try the ignition lock tomorrow.
If still no luck then heritage certificate sounds like a worthy purchase-
especially if it contains all the original build specs.
I realise that probably its a long shot to find out about the cars history-
Its just that I saw a 100M for sale a few days ago that had belonged to a guy
who had kept a journal about his time owning the car over 40 years,I thought
that was great and would be a fine thing for the new owner and it started me
wonderin about my car , you know, the little things you ponder when you first
get a car, like- are the speedo miles (50,000) genuine, why is the engine a
bugatti blue color (looks to be original paint) when the books say it should
be a metallic green. how long has it been stored (obviously quite a whiles
because the pedals are pretty well stuck !) and why was it stored. Did it just
have one or two owners or dozens, and so on,etc.etc  I think maybe by getting
answers to these  funny little questions  you feel (unconsciously maybe?)
easy with the car. It`s a curious thing isn`t it - the need to know about your
car !
cheers Nick