Carb Cleaning

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Cleaning
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:08:18 -0500
   I have always enjoyed dealing with SUs on my cars but have never really
been satisfied with the over all appearance or cleaning that I can do with
just using carb cleaners or paint thinner.   I am amazed at the appearance of
my carb bodies when I have used professionals to have my bodies cleaned and
rebushed.  They look fantastic when I get them back.
   What is the secret?  Are these most likely media blasted?   If so how does
one go about setting them selves up to do this process?

I am presently looking at a $100.00 bench top blasting cabinet,  4HP
compressor,  and vac system.  I hope to use this for all areas of my
restoration and need to know if I can use this on the carb bodies as well.

Thanks,  Mark