Fw: Carb Cleaning

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Carb Cleaning
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:20:20 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: davidwjones
To: Mark and Kathy ; healeys@autox.team.net
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: Carb Cleaning

When I did my tricarb, I had to source the whole carb setup in order to return
the car back to triples. It had been converted to doubles, at some point.
The triple carb setup I had sourced looked like it had been at the bottom of a
rain barrel for years..
I used a buffing wheel on my bench grinder, with the wax-bar buffing compound,
and used a dremel with a small buffer on it to get the nooks. The carbs came
out very bright, as you can see from the attached photo. (not for list).
Over time, I have just kept them clean, and they have slowly dimmed to the
more correct muted pewter look they should have.