Re: coil

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: coil
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:49:28 -0800
Stephen,

re:
"My new coil has pos   neg witch is pos. cb or sw"

Points always switch to ground.  For (your) positive ground car, the "Pos"
terminal
should go to the distributor/points.  It'll actually work the other way, but
less
efficiently than it should.

re:
"do I get a new wire inside the dist  or do I make a new one myself"

This is a special type of wire; it has to be flexible to allow for the movement
of the
advance (points mounting) plate.  I would advise against trying to improvise
this part.
The usual suspects (Moss, Hemphill's, VB, etc.) should stock this (probably as
part of a kit).

Recommend you disconnect your battery ground connection while you do electrical
work,
it'll help keep the smoke from escaping prematurely ;)

bs

Subject: coil