Re: coil

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: coil
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:15:07 -0800
The only thing that comes to mind is that you've mixed-up the wires going to
the coil.

One wire is from the ignition switch, it is hot when you turn the key to
"start" or "run."
If you have the wire to the points on the same terminal of the coil as this
wire the
small wire in the distributor will effectively become a fusible link, and it'll
melt as soon
as you turn the key to run (at least this will spare the rest of your wiring).

You should have:

1) one wire coming from the ignition switch
2) one wire to the distributor/points
3) one wire to the battery disconnect/point-ground switch in the boot

(2) and (3) should be connected on the (+) or (CB) terminal on the coil.  The
wire
from the ignition switch should be on the (-) or (SW) terminal on the coil.  My
wiring
diagram shows (1) as "W" (white), (2) and (3) as "WB" (white with black tracer).

bs