Re: Gas Tank

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas Tank
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:56:35 +1100
If you seriously want to "gas free" the fuel tank the method we use in
repairs to fuel tankers is to steam clean the inside of the tank using
an ordinary wet steam cleaner. You need to have the tank upside down so
the accumulating water drains from the tank and let the steam enter the
tank for about 30 minutes. The tank will get very hot in the process,
but won't get hot enough to do any damage, nor will it ignite. The tank
temperature should be bought up to 70 to 75 degrees for the 30 minutes,
and allowed to cool before any work is carried out. We would go ahead
and weld the tank after this process. Of coarse all care and no
responsibility on my part.
Cheers
Larry Varley