Front end allignment question

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front end allignment question
From: "Sam Marble" <samncyna@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:26:25 -0500
Listers:
I've been helping a fellow clubmember with the restoration of his MK1
BN7 and have come accross a problem in trying to adjust for the proper
toe in for the front end. We've run out of adjustment and the wheels
are still significantly toed out. I've been following earlier posts on
similar problems but after close checking, the assembly on this car
looks  exactly the same as my BN4.
We did notice one difference yesterday when we decided to measure the
lenghth of the crossrods on the two cars. The crossrod on the BN7 is
almost an inch greater in length than the BN4.
I noticed that there is a changover point in the BN7/BT7 production to
a different style crossrod.
We have no information on the history of this car and it is being
assembled from more than one car.
Does anyone have information on the comparable lengths of the two
styles and how this could effect the allignment ?

Sam