Re: Front end allignment question

To: "Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU" <Steven.Rizzo@randolph.af.mil>
Subject: Re: Front end allignment question
From: "Sam Marble" <samncyna@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:36:39 -0500
RE: Front end allignment questionSteven:
I was suspicious about the arm on the steering box. The box was sent out to be
re bushed. When I checked it prior to installation, the arm had been removed.
It seemed as though the arm could only fit over the splined shaft at 45 degree
intervels becase of the pattern of the splines. I centered the steering as
closely as possible prior to installing the arm. It seemed that if the arm had
been installed at the next
position either way that it would be grossly out of alignment. I couldn't find
any marks to confim the correct position and didn't see anything in the
worksop manual that helped.
I guess I don't have any evidence on whether it is installed correctly or not
but there deffinitely seems to be something wrong. How did you resolve your
problem ?

Sam