Re: Heritage interior - Rear seat back, BN4

To: richchrysler@quickclic.net, samncyna@comcast.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heritage interior - Rear seat back, BN4
From: MBran89793@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:44:29 EST
All I've  ever seen is a simple matching vinyl
covering over the rear recessed  panel.
Rich Chrysler

For what it is worth, I bought a new Austin-Healey BN 4 L  057463 in June of
1958. It was OEW and had red leather interior with white  piping. The rear
seat back was covered in matching red vinyl on all  surfaces. There were no
wood
surfaces that were painted on the rear seat back of  this car. Believe me I
had this seat back out numerous times in the first few  months that summer.
With
the frequent summer showers I learned how to erect the  top as quickly as
possible and then when the sun came back out I became  almost as proficient in
stowing the top and using the tonneau  cover.

Marion S. Brantley, Jr.
727/867-7129
Tampa Bay Austin-Healey Club
Membership  Chairman