Re: Question - MGB & Austin Healey Universal Joints

To: Healey Lista <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question - MGB & Austin Healey Universal Joints
From: Magnus Karlsson <magnuskarlsson@bornet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:51:13 +0100
Actually there are two sizes for Volvo U-joints and I don4t remember if
it4s the big or the small one that fits. But that should be easy to
check. There are many qualitys for these available. If one chooses to
go for the cheapest they can be had for probably as little as $ 30 just
as you say. The most expensive ones that I know of are Hardy Spicer but
then you get them with a grease nipple and very close tolerances on the
cups. Especially the measurement across, will be very accurate so that
they will fit exactly under the clips on the yoke thus keeping them
very well centered.

Magnus