Engine Trouble

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Trouble
From: "Gary Williams" <gwilliams54@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:40:30 -0800
A request for advice from some of the more mechanically-inclined on the
list.

I garaged my BJ8 for the winter and have made the mistake of not starting
her up every now and again.  Wanted to take advantage of nice weather here
in the Pacific NW last weekend and take her for a ride, but couldn't get her
to start.  She turns over but...

I checked out the motor and as best as I can determine, she's not getting
any gas.  Later, it occurred to me I wasn't hearing the familiar tap-tap-tap
of the fuel pump.  I then recalled reading that some folks with a similar
problem would gently wrap on the pump with a small hammer or wrench.  Is my
memory here accurate?

Thanks in advance.

GW