RE: Engine Trouble

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine Trouble
From: William Moyer <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:43:31 -0500
  _____

From: William Moyer
Sent: Thu 2/24/2005 1:33 PM
To: Gary Williams; healeys@autox.team.net

Gary,

The drill goes thusly.  Sit in the drivers seat.  Reach back over the
passenger seat with your right arm (in a USA car).  Make a fist.  Give the
vertical panel behind the seat near the floor two or three good wacks.
Perhaps one wack if you are built like Gov. Arnold.  Turn key.  Admire
clicking noises.  With practice you can do this at 70 mph and not even
change lanes.

Some daring individuals keep a rubber hammer on the floor behind the seats
just for this purpose.  Not like I'd do that.   Well, I used to.  Of course
at one time many years ago the exhaust system was held onto the car by
stovepipe wire and there was more 100mph duct tape than solid metal on the
frame.   It was still a great 20' car, though.  The paint was the only thing
keeping it from breaking in half as I took those Stirling Moss turns.

Bill Moyer, Chimera-BJ7

P.S. A spare fuel pump is one of the nice things to  have in the boot.
Cleaning the points in the fuel pump isn't a big deal, but if you're like
me, you'll put it off.