Re: Hard Starting BJ8

To: bob barandon <barandon33@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Hard Starting BJ8
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:56:56 +0800
Bob -

Many things can cause this -

1) worn condensor.... after it warms up it works better
2) worn coil .... same thing
3) broken jet diaphram - if your jet diaphram is ripped, you will be
leaking fuel through the bottom of the carb.  If the bottom of one of
your carbs looks wet with gas... this is the culprit.
4) bad ignition wire... if the wire from your ignition switch through
the tach to your coil has poor connections anywhere... it can cause
intermittent operation.  Any connectors you use anywhere along this
wire should be soldered... crimp connectors are a bad idea on this
wire. Too much current.

Maybe it's having trouble starting because it's very cold?

Does your car run strong immediately after starting, or after a few
minutes of warming up?  If so, do you need the choke after starting or
not?  Let us know...

Thanks,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8