Tonneau cover

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Tonneau cover
From: RAHosmer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:33:01 EST
Listers,

Now that my 62BT7 tri-carb is drivable again, and, with summer coming on, in
a dry sunny climate, I need to do something about covering the interior when
the car is out of the garage. What is the wisdom of the group concerning
tonneau covers? I can probably find most of my stiffeners, but the main support
bar
is missing. Of course, those are desirable components, but not absolutely
necessary, at least to begin with. Concours is "out", at least for now.

(1)  Try to find a halfway decent original?

(2)  Buy a new one?  Do they come fully assembled, PARTLY assembled, or as a
raw "from scratch" kit?  Is any particular manufacturer/source markedly
better/worse than another?

Thanks very much.

Dick Hosmer
HBT7L18556