Re: Shock Curiosity

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Shock Curiosity
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:44:57 -0700
Bob,

I totally agree. The real problem is the hard bolt sinking into the soft
aluminum. It only has to sink a couple of thousandths to remove all bolt
tension. The hardened flat washers spread out the load to help prevent
this. It also helps if the shock mounting holes are a snug fit on the bolts.

Dave Russell
BN2