Re: Rear Suspension Pictures

To: rjhco <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Subject: Re: Rear Suspension Pictures
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:42:27 -0800
Jim,

I didn't do the front yet--next winter I'll rebuild the kingpin, add front
tube shocks, probably add a Cape needle bearing thrust washer and redo the
anti-roll bars--beefier front, add one to back.

I went with Cape instead of the Bilstein setup because I got a really good
package price on all the stuff including the BJ8 radius arms, the uprated
Panhard rod and the OEM British springs. This in spite of the blankety-blank
exchange rate.

I installed per Cape's instructions--actually, the shocks wouldn't reach to
the top with the plate underneath the spring--they're fully extended in this
setup--I know this because when I was taking the later pictures, on the
right side there was about a 1/4" gap between the axle and the rebound pad
on the frame rail.

The shocks are from Cape, but I think they may be SPAX--they're 20-position
adjustable.

I forgot to mention I put maritime teflon tape between the spring
leaves--got it from Annapolis Maritime Supply. This helps the ride.

--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA