Re: Bogus BJ8 2nd try

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bogus BJ8 2nd try
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:55:40 -0500
RAWDAWGS@aol.com wrote:
> I sent an e-mail to the MSN address before ebay pulled the listing.  This is
> the response I got .Please understand this is an is probably  an illegal
> attempt  to extort money.DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS AD. I am  forwarding this to
> the list

It's a weakness, I know, but I like to play with these folks just enough
to smoke out their next move.  My reply would be along the lines of:

"Thank you very much for your kind response.  Shipping will not be
necessary, as I intend to drive it away.  Please let me know when and
where my agent in Italy may inspect the car prior to payment (by Western
Union, bank check or cash, as you prefer)."
--
John Miller
(who would round up an agent in Italy in a heartbeat, if the deal turned