RE: Stripped Thread

To: "'Thomas Mulligan'" <tpmul@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: Stripped Thread
From: "Alan" <Alan@nfahc.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:07:13 +0100
Hey Tom.
Don't fret!  If there is half a chance of getting a bit of grip from the
remaining threads that'll be enough for what I propose.
Take a 1-1/2" bolt that has about 1/2" of unthreaded shank below the head
(the grip length), and cut the head off.  File a couple of flats on the end
so that you can use a 1/4"AF open end spanner (wrench) on it.  Wind the stud
into the top hole with a liberal dose of loctite.  This then acts as a
simple locating dowel.  Bolt up the bottom fixing in the usual way.
Job done.
Enjoy.
AlanB
            http://www.nfahc.co.uk