Re: BJ7 Windshield Chroming & Glass Tips?

To: starofindy@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BJ7 Windshield Chroming & Glass Tips?
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:14:12 EST
In a message dated 3/30/2005 9:22:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
starofindy@yahoo.com writes:
GLASS INSTALL:  I can't find a shop that's willing
to touch a Healey windshield install.   Is it a
'doable' job at home?   Any tips from your past
experience is much appreciated.
My neighborhood auto glass shop did both my BN1 and my wife's BN7 using Moss
glass and gaskets I supplied.  I think each ran about $125.00.  They were
happy to do them so long as I signed a waiver that they were not responsible
for
glass that they did not sell, which did not seem unreasonable to me.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans