Re: BJ7 Windshield Chroming & Glass Tips?

To: <Awgertoo@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BJ7 Windshield Chroming & Glass Tips?
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:39:38 -0500
Early on with my BT7, I replaced the badly frosted and chipped windshield. I
bought all new seals, and corner angle/screw hardware, and replaced the glass
myself. All seemed to go well, until the first really scorching-hot day that
the car was sealed in the garage. -Then the windscreen split right down the
middle. Then, like Awgertoo, I found a glass shop to do the job, while not
taking responsibility for the glass itself.  Eight years later, the glass is
fine. For what it's worth....
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA