RE: Rubber shift boot

To: <johnlink@adelphia.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rubber shift boot
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:49:48 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-healeys@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-healeys@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of johnlink@adelphia.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:10 PM
To: healeys@autox.team.net
My 64 BJ8 in 65 had it facing up.
My 67 today has it up.
My British mechanic says it's supposed to be up.
I've seen them down and they look like a big hole.
I'm no expert, just letting you know my experience.
Ron
67 BJ8

Subject: Rubber shift boot

I just got a new rubber shift boot for my 1966 BJ8. Can someone please tell
me in what direction it gets installed. I have looked at numerous photos and
some of the cars have the extruded part that goes around the shift lever
facing up and others have it facing down so that it is hidden from view.