Re: Trouble with Clutch..Help

To: <jhomonek@mindspring.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trouble with Clutch..Help
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:23:39 -0400
Hi John:   Your problem could be the throwout bearing.  My info indicates
that the 100-6 and 3000 are indeed different.  The VB catalog shows a
different part number and a different price.  We got some dimensions from
Bill Bolton a few years ago:  Dimension from center of pivot to face of
bearing:    9" clutch 100-6----1.46".     10" clutch early 3000----1.21.
Now, this would indicate that the opposite problem would occur.. it would
tend to slip, not grab.....but maybe its just pushing too far causing some
interference.  The wishing sound would disturb me....In any case, it seems
you have the wrong throwout bearing.

Jim