Re: Tires

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:10:16 -0400
MBran89793@aol.com wrote:
> FWIW for several years I have been driving my BJ8 "Blackie" on  Good-Year
> Eagle GT+4 in 195/70-15 size on 15" x 5.5" MiniLite reproduction  wheels. To
>me
> these have the correct appearance on the BJ8 and I have only a  very little
> tire scrub of full lock to lock turning.

Those tires are fatter than stock, and really don't look right.  My BJ8
came with Dunlop radials -- 165 or 175, if memory serves (and these
days, increasingly it doesn't).

I hope that no one here is under the impression that wider tires put
more rubber on the ground.  For a given tire pressure, the sq. inches
will be the same; only the shape of the contact patch changes.