accellerator pedal shaft

To: "HealeyList" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: accellerator pedal shaft
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 10:37:00 -0700
Today I'm reassembling the accellerator pedal but have come to an impasse.  I
remember when disassembling the bronze bushes and housings that there was some
kind of "gunk" between the cup and bush which with difficulty I removed.  The
parts list and catalogs refer to the "bush & housing assembly" which is
naturally NA.

What do others use to fill this void for restoration?  Was it a liquid rubber
like material which cushions the bush in the cup?  Thanks for any direction
you can offer?
Richard Bittmann BJ7