Re: accellerator pedal shaft

To: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>,
Subject: Re: accellerator pedal shaft
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 13:49:47 -0400
Richard, I used 100% silicone sealant from a tube to replace whatever was
there before (there wasn't enough left of mine to tell what it was).  Before
the sealant cured, I assembled the two bushings/housings on the shaft so that
each bushing would be properly aligned while the sealant was curing.  I
figured the silicone could take all that heat behind the engine, and after 6
years or so, everything seems to be O.K.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA