Re: Assembly Line Markings or Not

To: Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Subject: Re: Assembly Line Markings or Not
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:50:12 -0400
Someone sent me an email as I was restoring our Bugeye and asked me if I
had found any markings on the Bonnet. He refered to it as a watermark.
Apparently acid etched ever so slightly into the metal surface by the
factory. It was way after the car was painted and we hadn't seen
anything or known to look. I cant find the email in my files, so that's
all I can shed on the subject.

Dave