Re: re Re: Brake Master Cylinder Leaking

To: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: re Re: Brake Master Cylinder Leaking
From: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:09:26 -0700 (PDT)
The steel piston will start reacting/siezing with the
aluminum bore if moisture's present.  I've had that
happen to various Brit cars that sit unused - it's a
good reason to use liberal amounts of "wheel cylinder
grease" under the dust boot to help keep dry.  By the
way, are aluminum cylinders truly anodized?
Regards,
JoeMulqueen
'60 BT7
'67 Landrover (often trundling thru water with 4 whl
drum brakes and aluminum whl cylinders)