steering problems

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: steering problems
From: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:34:39 -0700
need some help.  one of the bj8's in our club has had a steering problem and a
vibration problem since it was bought from florida.  it has always pulled
right. changing tires around did no good.  new chromes did no good.  last week
new michelin 185s did no good. it has been to two alignment places here in
vegas and both say the alignment is perfect.  the steering gear is a little
loose, but not more than others if have worked on.  i am going to switch tires
around again today and see if that helps but do not expect it to.  any ideas?
the shake has always been there even thought new hubs, bearings and chrome
wires were installed last summer.  the shake smooths out above 65 or so, but
it did it with both the old tires and the new michelins(actually worse with
the new tire).  has been computer balance and is also dead nuts on my bubble
balancer.  i await your expert guidance.  healeymanjim